According to the IBM, the estimated cost of any data breach is estimated to be a whopping $3.7 million USD. This can prove to be a huge loss for companies in various sectors such as banking, financial, health, public, and IT sectors. The ISO 27001 Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a globally accepted standard which ensures the secure management of information.
What is ISO 27001:2013?
The ISO 27001:2013 is the current version of the ISO 27001 standards and provides a complete set of standardized requirements for the security management system. This standard follows a process-driven methodology to establish, operate, implement, monitor, improve, and maintain the information security management system. It mainly helps the organizations to:
- Secure employee and customer information
- Effectively manage the risks to data security
- Preserve the organization’s brand image
- Achieve the required compliance to various regulations
Which Industries Implement the ISO 27001:2013?
This certification is suitable for any industry which deals with critical information. The globally accepted standard is suitable for organizations in which the protection of data is considered to be critical and also for those who manage humongous amounts of data on behalf of other organizations. Some of the key industries which implement this standard, include:
- Public Sector
- IT Sector
What are the Benefits of ISO 27001:2013?
Successful management and smooth functioning of any company involves the efficient management and security of the data. Being 27001 certified will give your organization the help needed in managing and securing the business critical information. Some of the key benefits of the 27001 certification are listed here:
- Provides the clients the confidence to work with your organization
- Helps keep all the business information safe and secure
- Helps to securely transfer any kind of information
- Provides the organization with a competitive edge
- Helps in managing and minimizing the risk exposure
- Protects the interests of the company, shareholders, and clients
- Helps the organization to comply with other regulations
- Improves customer satisfaction and helps in client retention
It is with great pleasure and pride we would like to announce that SourceEdge recently achieved the prestigious ISO 27001:2013 Information Security Management System (ISMS) Quality Certification. This was conferred to us by the Intertek Certification Limited, UK.